Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 20, 2018

The Pasture Revolution Begins...

Read this mail that I just received and drop your idea:
"Dr here is my first update on the revolution which you started. I collected 4 bags of brachiaria seedlings. The first went to Dr Dauda who is based in Jalingo. Dr Dauda is a Vet. He has planted the seedlings 5 days ago and they should start to sprout by today. He used the broadcast method. The second went to Dr Abdulkadir H Alkali a non vet based in Yola. He will plant tomorrow. The third went to Alhaji Mujeli in Yola. Currently preparing land. Should plant within the week. The last is for myself. I am currently ploughing today at my home town Maiha in Maiha LGA. I have secured 3 bags of chicken dung to be broadcast tomorrow with cow dung. Before then I have applied Force up prophostate as recommended. I will not get 4 month of rainfall though but I am hoping for a good harvest by the grace of God. I am also hoping all of us will be as magninous as you are to distribute seedlings fir next tear plantibg season. Who knows this humbling steps may lead to the establishment of over 10000 brachiaria farms accross Nigeria within 3 years. This is the revolution I am talking about."
_____________
My Comment:
By God's grace, it will not be a revolution of Brachiaria alone but of pastures generally of different grasses and legumes that we will make available.
I am determined to get more pasture seeds from home and abroad, grow them and continue to distribute their seeds freely until the vision of Sardauna and other founding fathers in the 1950s is realised. We must not wait for government.
Feedback from other beneficiaries of this year's distribution across the North will be greatly welcome. How's the grass doing?
The picture in the post is a month old extension of my own B. ruziziensis field.
Thanks.
Dr. Aliyu U. Tilde

No comments: