Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 20, 2018

Tilde, Do Not Argue With the Stomach

Yesterday I wrote what I considered to be a nice piece, titled Demonising Aliero to Support Buhari, appealing for Nigerians, especially supporters of the President, to please allow members of the National Assembly and the judiciary to do their work without molestation. That is democracy. That is rule of law. We ahould scold a person only after we habe evidence that he has breached the law.
It was Saraki before screening, and now Aliero for summoning the CGC over lifting the ban on rice importation. (Know that I have never met Saraki or Aliero in my life. Na for TV only I de see dem.)
I said summoning the CG to explain matters is part of the Senate's job. So it's alright even if there is a motive behind it. Let it be. Let my elder brother, who I know has nothing to hide all his life, go to the Senate and explain the rationale and convince the Senators that lifting the ban was needed... Let us allow him respect the law without calling anybody names; it will not serve the President or our amibable Colonel any good...
Reasonable, you may think... But come see where the kopsi started.
Immediately I mentioned RICE, haa, come see wahala. The whole discussion was hijacked by the stomach, except for some few comments that appeared to come from upstairs.
Moral lesson: Tilde, Make una no tink say you be doctor or you sabi blow grammer. Mba. NEVER ARGUE WITH THE STOMACH...because it does not have grey matter.
Shikena!
πŸ™ŠπŸ™ŠπŸ™Š

No comments: