Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Employment: Let Justice Prevail

We thought things like this would not continue after 2015 because they can be stopped by any resolute leadership through simple instructions, monitoring, and punishment. However, they still continue unabated. Sad.
The picture here is evident of what our unemployed youths from humble backgrounds have been complaining about. Some supporters of such practices said it was baseless accusations. Somehow, this letter tells everything for the open minded and honest.
Below is a chat from my source. We hope a day will come when it will be history.
This was unnecessary 35 years ago. Then, the Bauchi State government sent out father, the late Wazirin Bauchi, Alhaji Yakubu Wanka, to interview us and employ us as we were writing our final exams as undergraduates in 1982. They employed us and begged us to return to the state after NYSC. I did not. Ka ji daya.
At the completion of my NYSC at National Root Crops Research Institute, Umudike-Umuahia, Mr. Ene, the then Director retained me. Ka ji biyu. After some months, my heart fell for University life, so I left Umuahia, without notice. I could not face the Director to say I was leaving. After all the generosity, not in a pullo. So one evening, I followed Abubakar Danfuloti Jega, travelled all night to Sokoto where I took up lecturership at Unisok, which had given me appointment earlier in August. Ka ji uku. Thee employments!
The story is the same for each member of my generation at least from the North. There was no need for legislators to send any list to an agency of government soliciting for some select applicants to be employed. But the same beneficiaries of that system yesterday are the ones perverting the course of justice today. Traitors.
How on earth, how shameful could it be for honourable members to send a list of applicants to an agency? But this is not only the parliament. In previous cases, even the executive arm was alleged to have such lists. Saharareporters published one. Shame.
That is why there is so much dissatisfaction in the country, making some to think that other Nigerians are their problem, hence the call for restructuring. The law remains the commodity of the common man. It applies to him only. Others live above the it.
The chat:
------
"Dr ka ga irin yankan bayan da akeyi wa Dan talaka. Shi ne da zuwa aptitude test da interview amman wadansu list ake turawa.
"Wallahi toh ka ga irin yanda aka mana ke nan a wancan federal civil service recruitment exercise. We that spent nights in Abuja for the interview were shortchanged. A long list from National Assembly replaced us.
"I went to the commission trying to know how I didn't get the job, because I performed very well in the interview. I answered all my questions. An officer sat me down and told me everything. He told me that there is nothing they can do. But I should apply again promising to help me then.
"Abin kasar nan tamu sai a hankali Dr.
-----
Dr. Aliyu U. Tilde
9 August 2017

No comments: